Letting your property with Edlin and Jarvis
Whether you are letting a property for the first time, or already work with an existing property portfolio, we are able to provide unrivalled expertise in our marketplace, aiming to maximise returns on investment whilst exceeding your expectations on all levels of service.
Preparing your property for viewings
Presenting your property in its best condition will assist greatly in achieving the best possible price in the shortest time. Good first impressions are so important. Stand outside your property and try to see it with fresh eyes. Try to cut the grass, weed driveways and borders and remove bins before viewings. It would, however, be sensible to carry out small repairs to give the impression that the property has been well-maintained and will continue to be well maintained. Tidy and clean all rooms and make sure kitchens and bathrooms are spotlessly clean or we can arrange reliable contractors to carry out these recommendations for you.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s)
When marketing a property for let, an EPC must be ordered for the property. An EPC tells you and the prospective tenant how energy efficient the property is, the impact it has on the environment and includes recommendations and ways to improve the property’s energy efficiency.
We can start marketing a property without an EPC but it must be made available before move in. They are valid for 10 years, however, we can order one on your behalf if you do not have one already.
Clients of Edlin & Jarvis can always be assured that the team are with them every step of the way, through some of the difficult times as well as the exciting ones. “We understand the importance of listening to our customers and we adapt to suit individual personal situations. We believe in the importance of always doing what we said we were going to do when we said we were going to do it”. “To us, it is simply basic courtesy and professionalism, and what is wonderful is that our customers really do recognise this as a positive difference to previous experiences they may have had”.
We will only ever offer what we believe to be the best services and products and this extends to the most effective marketing and other local services we would choose ourselves.
With our Set Up Service, the landlord would become solely responsible for any issues that arise following the commencement date of the tenancy.
The Let Only service will provide you with the following benefits:
- Providing a rental valuation of your property.
- Free advice on the presentation and preparation of your property.
- Local and national marketing, including a professional “To Let Board” where appropriate.
- Carrying out an accompanied viewing with prospective tenants.
- Detailed referencing of any prospective tenants
- Considering applications from prospective tenants and (if required) guarantors in order to assess suitability.
- Preparation of tenancy agreements in accordance with current law.
In addition to the Set Up service we will provide:
- Collecting ongoing rental payments and forwarding them by bank transfer to your chosen account and forwarding monthly statements (Deposits retained by a government approved deposit scheme)
- Inspecting the property at agreed intervals to ensure that the tenant/s are fulfilling their obligations under the terms of their tenancy agreement as well as providing a written report of the property.
- Action against the tenant in the event of rental arrears or any other breach of a condition within the tenancy agreement.
- Organising repair or maintenance, instructing a tradesman to attend the property, obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts.
- Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of each tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant’s deposit.
- Re-letting the property unless otherwise instructed by the landlord.
What to do next…
We would love the opportunity to come and meet you to discuss our marketing strategy and to inform you of the rental income you can expect on your property.
Landlord and Tenants’ Guide to Services and Fees
We are committed to being upfront with our charges and fees. For more details, please refer to your Terms of Business or ask a member of our team.
Tenant Set up fee: £90 total inc VAT Per Tenant.
Referencing per tenant (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement.
Full Management (FM 8%+ VAT= 10% inc VAT).
• Collect and remit the monthly rent receive
• Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
• Deduct commission and other works
• Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
• Undertake inspection visits and notify landlord of the outcome
• Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors
• Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
Setup for Full Management & Tenant Find Only (TFO) £300.00 inc VAT
• Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord guidelines;
• Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
• Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
• Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
• Erect board outside property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990
Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) £30.00 inc VAT
• Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government-authorised Scheme
• Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of tenancy
Inventory: £90.00 inc VAT
Extensive photographed and written report carried out before move in date
Notice of Possession £60.00 inc VAT
Drafting and execution of Section 21 and Section 8 Notices
Additional Property Visits £30.00 inc VAT
• To attend for specific requests such as neighbour disputes; more visits are required to monitor the tenancy; or any maintenance-linked visit
Tenancy Extension £60.00 inc VAT
• Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement
Check Out (TFO)£60.00 inc VAT
• Agree with tenant check out date and time appointment
• Negotiate with landlord and tenant any disbursement of the security deposit
• Return deposit as agreed with landlord and tenant to relevant
*Client Money Protection Scheme (non member): Please ask a member of staff for further information on this matter.